Send an E-Postcard of:
Agawam Cong'l Church
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
In 1636, William Pynchon purchased land on either side of the Connecticut River at the present-day border between Massachusetts and Connecticut from the local Pocomtuc Indians. This land included present-day Agawam, Springfield and West Springfield, Massachusetts. Agawam and West Springfield separated from Springfield in 1757 and in 1800 split to become two separate towns. Agawam was incorporated as a town in 1855. The annual May Day Dinner that is advertised on this postcard has become an annual Ladies Tea.
top of page