Send an E-Postcard of:
The Weldon Hotel
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Designed originally in 1905 to be used as company suites and resident apartments for Frank O. Wells' tap and die business in Greenfield, Massachusetts, the Weldon Hotel soon was converted to use for overnight lodging. The first all-concrete hotel in New England, it was one of the most appealing and one of the most expensive hotels in the region. This post card, the photograph taken between 1905 and 1908, shows a summer view, with awnings on the west windows. On the street, three citizens enjoy a ride in one of the new horseless carriages.
top of page