(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
There is currently no available "Beginner" label. The following is the default level label: The village of Colrain rises from the North River in the northern edge of Franklin County, Massachusetts. In 1909 the town had around forty buildings, including two churches, a school, and a post office. To the right, the Congregational Church (now the Colrain Community Church) steeple rises above the town. The three-story building located to its left is the Colrain House. The first Colrain House was built in 1804 and operated until it burned in 1886. It was rebuilt but burned again in 1896. The rebuilt structure seen here was completed in 1899. The third floor was badly damaged in another fire in 1935 and was not rebuilt, although the hotel kept operating for decades after.