(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
There is currently no available "Beginner" label. The following is the default level label: Conway, Massachusetts, began life as the South West District of Deerfield, added to the original settlement in 1712. In 1762 it was separated from Deerfield and was incorporated in 1767. It was named in honor of General Henry Conway, a British member of Parliament who supported the repeal of the Stamp Act. This view looks down to the center of town. The domed roof of the Field Memorial Library can be seen in the middle.